3.17.2009

A Sunday Hike

To preface this post, I am not much of a "nature gal" at all. I don't enjoy camping in the great outdoors (unless it's in a nice cabin with running water and a toilet). I don't like to get down and dirty. I don't often go hiking, but last Sunday the hubs and I went to Eaton Canyon in Pasadena. I figured a hike would be a nice change to a gym workout. The trail we went on ran 1 1/2 miles in each direction with a 40 foot waterfall at the end. The first mile wasn't bad at all, but the last 1/2 mile to the waterfall had me climbing under tree branches, up and over large rocks, and back and forth across the stream. I had an incident stepping onto an unstable and rock and having my entire left lower leg soaked. Here are some pics from our hike.





And after a 2+ hour hike and all those burned calories, we treated ourselves to In 'n Out. Double Double, fries, and vanilla shake. So much for a workout. ;-)

2 comments:

: : aileen : : said...

hiking = all the more you can enjoy those "bad" foods... Mmmm... animal style, double double.

Nina Sapphira said...

aww... you actually got to see the waterfall. Every time I've gone it was bone dry.