3.09.2009

There She Blows!

And that was about it.

On Saturday the hubs and I ventured out to Long Beach to go on a 2 1/2 hour Whale Watch Cruise. The hubs went once as a kid and I have never done it. I was a little wary as I'm prone to seasickness so we both took a dramamine before boarding the boat. I was ok once our boat left the dock but once we got to open sea it was another story. All that rocking and trying to balance myself made be nauseous. Here are some pics from our mini-adventure:

A view of Long Beach from our boat.




Getting farther out to sea


The hubs in action with the DSLR.



Sea Lions!


Way too close-up


The Queen Mary




This was the extent of our "whale watching". Seeing water spewed from the whale's blowhole. No tail, no body, nada! Oh well! After the seasickness, not sure if I can tolerate another whale watching cruise. If I do, I'll have to double or triple up on the dramamine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys do some fun stuff! I still need to get my butt on a boat here in San Diego

Unknown said...

You guys do some fun stuff! I still need to get my butt on a boat here in San Diego