9.26.2009

Apple Crisp

I've got a sweet tooth like no other. And finding a recipe that is easy peasy to make delights my sweet tooth. I've made this apple crisp recipe several times and it really IS easy to make! The hardest part is peeling and slicing the apples.

I used 4 medium sized granny smith apples

Once all the apples are sliced I'm very generous with the cinammon and add more than the 1 tsp. the recipe calls for. The apples are covered with water.

I modify the crumble recipe and used 1/2 white sugar and 1/2 brown sugar.

Once the crumble is on sprinkled on top, it cooks in the oven at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

And voila!

No whipped cream or ice cream necessary. This recipe is delicious straight out of the oven!

4 comments:

: : aileen : : said...

oh man. my mouth just watered.

Julieann said...

Hey girly...have you ever tried this using granola? Like Kashi Go Lean cinnamon crunch??? It's amazing!

MY FAVORITE OF ALL TIME was DIEDRICHS COFFEE HOUSE apple bars...cannot find a recipe or the bars ANYWHERE!

Aileen said...

ooh! i'll have to try that. thanks for the tip!

Nina Sapphira said...

This looks soo good. I need to copy it. Was it easy to make?