9.09.2009

A Musical Saturday

Last Saturday we had the opportunity to enjoy two musical events. Up first was Legally Blonde. I'd been wanting to see this show ever since I found out it was coming to The Pantages Theater. But with tickets costing nearly $100 a piece I wasn't sure I wanted to shell out that much dough for tickets both for the hub and I. But thanks to discount tickets from Goldstar we were able to purchase 2 tickets for nearly the price of one. And to top it off we were given pretty decent seats. Orchestra right of center row U. Not too shabby for discount tickets. Thanks Goldstar! The staff at the Pantages are on top of it when it comes to the no photography rule. But we were able to sneak in a few pics, as crappy as they are.


I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Is it sad that I know the movie so well I picked up on all the slight differences between the movie and the musical? I wish I had purchased the CD when I was there but will definitely have to pick it up later. "omigod omigod you guys...."

The second part of our musical day was attending a live show with Lindsey Harper performing at the Red, White, and Bluezz Jazz Club in Pasadena. But the primary reason for us attending this show was the hub taking photos of Lindsey's performance. We decided to make a night of it. Enjoy some dinner, some wine, listen to some good music, all while the hub took photos. Lindsey has a beautiful soulful voice and we enjoyed her performance. So much we purchased her album and I've been listening to her music ever since. You can listen to some of her music here.

Here are some of the photos the hub took of her performance


It was a great Saturday and a great start to the 3-day weekend!

1 comment:

Nita Adriany said...

i want to see LB!! do you know how long theyre gonn abe at Pantages?