11.27.2009

Our mini Pre-Thanksgiving

I know I know a little late but better late than never, right?

Thanksgiving has never been a huge holiday for either my family or the hub's family. Ever since the hubs and I started dating we've spent the holiday together and I usually prepare a smaller version of a Thanksgiving meal for us. This Thanksgiving we spent with the hub's side of the family so last weekend I wanted to keep up with our "tradition" and prepared a mini pre-Thanksgiving feast for the both of us.

We started out with tomato bruschetta as an appetizer.


I made my mom's ham recipe. Although it doesn't look too pretty I loooove this ham recipe and is the best I've had. Even better than Honeybaked.


Twice-baked potatoes as a side.


And green beans to balance out our meal.



Of course a meal isn't complete without dessert so we had apple crisp a la mode.


A smaller version of Thanksgiving but it was nice to keep up with our "tradition".

1 comment:

Nita Adriany said...

Aileen, that hat looks freaking juicy and beyond delicious!!!! yumm!!