1.18.2009

Home Cookin'

So in the hopes of eating in more and saving some extra $$ I planned out this past week's previous dinner menus. Sadly, I didn't accomplish this 100% as I had hoped. But not too shabby. Out of 7 days, we successfully ate in 5 of those days.


Sunday - Spaghetti. Pretty much a staple in our household and I cook this at least once a month.


Monday - Sweet & Sour meatballs. This was a recipe I had never prepared before. The sauce was tasty but the meatballs were meh. That was my fault. I cheated and used the frozen pre-cooked meatballs rather than making my own. Next time I'll have to go ahead and make them myself.
Tuesday - cheat day. :-( I picked up dinner on the way home.

Wednesday - Chicken w/ stuffing and mushrooms. This was also a new recipe I tried this week. The hubs seemed to like it so I'll have to make this again in the future.
Thursday - was a repeat of Wednesday. We had so many leftovers and the hubs didn't mind having it a second night.
Friday - cheat day again. Picked up dinner at Rubio's.

Saturday - Roasted Pork Loin w/Mushroom Risotto. The pork was tasty as was the mushroom risotto. But don't think I made the risotto from scratch. I cheated with a frozen package of the stuff from Trader Joe's.



This is this week's menu. Hopefully I'll manage to be successful this time around.



































































4 comments:

: : aileen : : said...

Hey girl! Good for you! I made salmon last night for the hubs and he loved it. Though I can't say I'll be cooking again anytime soon... it's a lot of work!! BTW - nice presentation on the dishes!!

Sincerely,
Ai

The Modern Type said...

I can't wait for after the wedding so I can eat food!

With Love ~ csunsweetie said...

Good job. But you skipped the two meals I thought would be oh-so-yummy!!!

Have you ever done burnt broccoli or burnt cabbage??? You add some EVOO to a big skillet (the kind where the sides go straight vertical instead of flare out) and then add some garlic powder. Throw in either item (chop the cabbage some, and throw the florets of the broccoli - both should be fresh) and then cover it. It takes about 25 minutes or so to cook, and stir often.

For the broccoli, add some parm cheese on top before serving. For the cabbage, add some bacon bits before it's almost done. It stinks up the house but it is really good and pretty healthy (IMO)

Aileen said...

csun- never heard of it but i'll have to give it a try sometime. i always love new recipes. :-)