7.20.2009

Monday: Chicken Scallopini

First night of operation cook every night during the week was a success. I've never cooked chicken scallopini and found the recipe I made here.

First I pounded the chicken breasts thinner with my one of my favorite kitchen tools. :-)

Then prepared the ingredients together to cook the chicken (lemon juice, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs). I know, a lot of chicken for just 2 people but I wanted to make enough so both the hubs and I had leftovers for lunch.

Pan-fried the chicken breasts in a little bit of olive oil.

While the chicken was cooking, collected all the ingredients for the sauce. (white wine, chicken broth, capers, butter).

Made a side of rice pilaf to go with the chicken. I "cheated" and used a box mix. :-)

And voila! Here's the finished product!

It was delicious! And the hub loved it too! Glad I made enough for both od us to have leftovers tomorrow. :-)

Tomorrow: Crockpot Salsa Chicken

No comments: