11.29.2008

Food + Family + Poker + Wii = A Fun Friday

On Friday night we had the SIL's and their families over for dinner. I love to cook and immediately started working on a menu for dinner once we decided to host this shindig. Since it was the day after Thanksgiving, we wanted to do something different since our guests would probably we Thanksgivinged out on Thanksgiving food. I decided on a barbeque-esque theme, although not everything was cooked on the barbeque. Yeah yeah it is November, but in So. Cal you can pretty much barbeque all year long.

For our apps (although I didn't take a pic) I made hot spinach & artichoke dip and olive bruschetta. For our meal I made pulled pork bbq sandwiches, baby back ribs, bbq meatballs, a baked potato casserole, cornbread casserole, slow-cooker chicken wings, and coleslaw. My SIL brought the buffalo wings. And being that we are filipino, I had to cook rice. For dessert, I made a trifle. I wish I had remembered to take a pic because it looked so pretty. We had so much food leftover, even after guests took some home.

In the hub's family, whenever everyone gets together we play poker. No family event on my husband's side of the family goes without at least 1 poker game. The hubs won that table at a golf raffle a couple years back and we got the professional looking poker chips as a wedding gift.


After 1 round of poker that nearly took 2 hours, the family wanted to give our Wii fit a try. That's the hub's nephew hula hooping.







No comments: