11.16.2008

With the folks



So, yesterday the hubs and I figured it was time to pay my parents a visit. We had just received the multiple copies of our wedding video and they hadn't seen it yet so we wanted to stop by and give them their copy. Also, usually when the hubs and I visit my parents my mom always is always sure to please and has a huge lunch spread for us of filipino food. My hubs absolutely loves my mom's filipino cooking, as do I. When we got there there was no spread and instead we went out to lunch at a fairly new restaurant in the area called Famous Dave's barbeque. Although a little upset I wouldn't get any of mom's home cooking, barbeque sounded like a good option.



I don't know who Dave is but the food was pretty decent. After lunch we headed back to my folks' house to watch our wedding video, which brought a few tears to my mom's eye and just hung out. As we were leaving, my mom was sure to please. Even though we didn't get any home cooking this visit my mom had a "to go" back packed for us with filipino treats she made: palitaw (the filipino version of mochi), kalamay (sticky rice dessert), and toasted mamon (our version of biscotti). YUM! Gotta love mom's cooking!


1 comment:

aileen said...

Palitaw!! Mmm... Hi name twin! :) I love the blog.