4.14.2009

Would you like a scone?

This past weekend I was craaaaving scones. I've never made them before but I enjoy them very much. A starbucks run almost always includes a scone. But over the years my favorite scones from Starbucks seem to disappear. It started with the cinnamon chip scone years ago. When they stopped selling those, I switched to the lemon scones. And after those disappeared I started buying the mini vanilla scones. And my last several trips to Starbucks have left me scone-less. The mini vanilla scones seem to have disappared. :-( But then I found this recipe. :-) So on Sunday I attempted to make these scones.

Dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar, unsalted butter



Wet ingredients - sour cream, egg yolk, vanilla extract



Wet + Dry


The instructions state to make 1 disk but I opted for two small ones to make mini scones.


Voila! The finished product. These are without the glaze since I didn't have any powdered sugar on hand but they were still delicious! And the hubs loved them too! We ate half the batch in one sitting.

Now to try making some lemon scones next time...

No comments: