1.14.2010

Cajun Shrimp Casserole

I love shrimp. I love casseroles. I love being able to throw a bunch of ingredients together into a casserole dish, bake it up, and out comes a yummy, comforting meal. This dish was definitely comfort food.


I started by sauteing the onions and bell peppers in butter...


Added minced garlic. (I'm lazy and hate mincing garlic so I always have a jar of this stuff in the fridge.)

Lemon juice and salt next. This is when the okra is put in but I'm not a big fan of okra so left it out of the dish...

Shrimp in next (The hubs and I love shrimp and I always have some in the freezer. I try to get the shrimp that's already been deveined 'cuz deveining takes too.much.time)...

I've never heard of cream of shrimp soup so settled for cream of mushroom soup...

Some dry white wine...

Added in some cooked rice....

Put it in a casserole dish, topped it with parmesan cheese, and 15 minutes later this was the finished product.

This recipe was good and a perfect comfort food meal.