1.12.2010

Crispy-Skinned Chicken a l'Orange

Last night's dinner was bleh! Crispy Skinned Chicken a l'Orange sounds fancy for plain 'ol orange chicken. I got this recipe from the Food Network website. It looked simple enough and had lots of rave reviews but the hub and I really didn't like this recipe. I substituted chicken thighs for the chicken breasts because I was worried the breast meat would dry out. The glaze was tasty but once we ate the parts of the chicken with the glaze the rest was lacking flavor.

I started by browning the chicken and getting a nice crispy brown on the skin...

While that was cooking I prepped all the ingreidients for the glaze...

Put those together in a pot and brought it to a boil...

Then generously glazed the chicken on both sides throughout the cooking process...

This is the finished product. Looked tasty but that's about it.

Better luck next time, right?

1 comment:

Nita Adriany said...

look at that orang glaze...yummmo!