1.18.2010

Chicken and Mushrooms in Garlic White wine sauce

Do you ever look at a recipe, without having made it, just look at the title and know it's gonna be good? This is that kind of recipe. Chicken - good. Mushrooms - good. Garlic white wine sauce - good.


I started by seasoning my sliced chicken thighs with salt, pepper, and flour. (The recipe calls for chicken breast but decided to use thighs instead since I already had it in the freezer.)

Sauteed the chicken in olive oil until cooked.....

Removed the chicken and added garlic, mushrooms, and basil. I didn't have any tarragon on hand so basil was my substitute....

Added some dry white wine....

Followed by chicken broth...

Let that mixture simmer then put the cooked chicken in the pan....

Simmered for a few more minutes then added the cooked egg noodles....

And the finished product! I know, not very colorful, but it was flavorful. Another keeper for the recipe book!

2 comments:

Nita Adriany said...

hmmmm looks delicious! love love love mushrooms in my pasta sauce

: : aileen : : said...

OMG, so delicious! I think I'll make this when I need to carbo load.