1.11.2010

Red Wine Braised Short Ribs

Last night's dinner was a success! Day 1 down 4 more to go! I love short ribs and knowing they're a tough cut of meat I knew it would take awhile for them to become fork tender - make that 2 hours of braising, but well worth the wait. I got the recipe from all recipes. The recipe also includes the fall smashed veggies but I wasn't in the mood for those so just stuck with the short ribs. I was excited to pull out my le creuset dutch oven for the second time. :-)


I lightly coated the short ribs with flour....

And cooked them until they were browned on all sides...

Prepared my onion, celery, and carrots in the meantime....

Once all the meat was browned I sauteed the onions for about 5 minutes...

Then threw in the carrots, celery, garlic, and rosemary....

Red wine and beef broth added...

Then returned the short ribs back into the pot...

And the finished result!

This was my first time every braising short ribs and they were delicious and soooo tender. This recipe is definitely a keeper!

2 comments:

Nina Sapphira said...

That looks good. It's making me all hungry now.

Nita Adriany said...

great job Aileen! I made braised beef for Christmas but I messed up on the sauce! You make it look easy!!!